Discuss dramatic irony in OEDIPUS THE KING.
1) So how exactly does the truth that the crowd knows the storyline of Oedipus affect how a author informs the storyline? How is the story find out in a different way, when the audience were not really acquainted with it?
2) So how exactly does dramatic irony modify the audience's thought of Oedipus? May be the audience pretty much supportive toward Oedipus? Why or why don't you? So how exactly does the crowd see Oedipus' quarrels with Teiresias and Creon?
3) So how exactly does dramatic irony modify the audience's thought of Jocasta?
Essay Subject 2
Discuss freedom and predestination in OEDIPUS THE KING.
1) Is Oedipus predestined to his fate, or does he have freedom? Are both of these ideas completely incompatible?
2) Can Oedipus take place accountable for his actions, if his fate is predestined?
3) So how exactly does predestination modify the position of the ruler? Are the fun and worries that befall the ruler's...
|This consists of 1, 588 words|